The Geospatial Council of Australia are excited to announce that workshop submissions are now open for the Locate24 conference. Workshops should provide content that is interactive and skill-building. They should allow delegates to engage with the presenter and use a ‘hands-on’ approach. They should address a particular topic of interest to the geospatial sector.
For Locate24, workshops are reserved for sponsoring companies only. Workshops will be running on Tuesday the 7th of May 2024, and limited spaces are available.
Workshops will be allocated on a first come, first served basis so please inform us if you would like to add this on top of your selected sponsorship or exhibition package. You cannot choose to sponsor a workshop as a stand-alone sponsorship.
Please note, that you will still be required to submit a workshop proposal within a specified timeframe and is subject to approval by the program committee.
Submissions open: Thursday 2nd of November 2023
Deadline for submissions: Monday 5th of February 2024
Workshop review: February 2024
Presenters notified of outcome: March 2024
Successful presenters must register by: End of March 2024
Locate24 program release: End of March 2024
Locate24 will be a face-to-face event and presenters will be required to attend the conference and present live. All accepted presenters must register to attend the conference and pay the conference registration fee.
Please ensure BEFORE submitting your workshop proposal you have sought the approvals to present this work at the conference. Any proposal that does not have approval will not be confirmed into the program.
WORKSHOPS OFFER A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Add new dynamics to the existing conference content
- Provide opportunities for unstructured and dynamic conversations around the conference themes
- Deliver a richer experience for delegates, to move beyond engagement with PowerPoint presentations towards direct interaction with key thought leaders and industry experts
- Provide more than audience participation opportunities at panels and support delegates to drive industry discussions and considerations
For Locate24, workshops are reserved for sponsoring companies only. You cannot choose to sponsor a workshop as a stand-alone sponsorship. if you would like to add this on top of your selected sponsorship or book sponsorship, please head to the sponsorship section of the website.
Costs for adding on a workshop to your sponsorship package are as follows:
$1,500 + GST for 2 hours
$2,000 + GST for 3 hours
You will be asked to include the following when submitting your workshop proposal via the online portal:
- Proposed presenters
- Content outline (no more than 400 words)
- Specific skills that will be covered
- Room setup and audio-visual requirements
- Minimum and maximum numbers
All submissions will be reviewed by industry members and assessed by the Locate24 Program Committee using the following criteria:
- Clarity of purpose
- Engaging and informative