The Geospatial Council of Australia are excited to announce that YEP Grant Submissions are now open for the Locate24 conference.
Locate24 will once again offer support for young and emerging professionals, students and early career researchers to attend the event. Locate24 has already secured a number of grants from sponsoring companies, meaning there are even more opportunities available to the YEPs of the geospatial industry. Recipients will receive full registration to the conference, including a ticket to the Welcome Reception, a ticket to the awards dinner and attendance to the dedicated networking session. YEPs will also receive up to $500 in funding for travel/accommodation support.
All recipients will have the opportunity to meet with the company/representative who provided the support at the conference and attend a dedicated networking and mentoring event as part of the Locate Symposium.
Submissions open: Thursday 2nd of November 2023
Deadline for submissions: Monday 4th March 2024
Submission review: March 2024
YEPs notified of outcome: End of March 2024
Successful YEP’s must register by: End of April 2024
Young and Emerging Professional
Employed in the geospatial industry, including government, aged 36 or under on 1 June 2024
Early Career Researcher
Academic within 5 years of awarded of their PhD and as accepted by the Australian Research Council
Current full-time university or TAFE student
- All successful recipients of the support scheme will need to be available to attend all days of Locate24 in person, in Sydney, including the Locate Symposium and networking event.
- All successful recipients of the grant will need to be available to participate in the conference as a volunteer in some capacity, for example: greeter for attendees arriving at registration, rapporteur for one of the concurrent sessions, assist as host of a social event.
- All successful recipients will need to provide a short report of their experiences at the conference, with picture, for the company that provided the financial support and Locate24 to be used on social media or in marketing.
You will be asked to include the following with your grant submission via the online portal:
- A brief CV (pdf)
- An introductory paragraph or two (max 200 words) describing what you hope to get out of attending Locate24 (pdf)
- A letter of recommendation from your manager, academic supervisor or lecturer (pdf)
- Answer the question: What is the most exciting innovation or change for the geospatial industry in the coming years and what benefits might it bring? Your entry can be in any format – e.g. written, visual or video – it could be a poster, a report or essay or even a story. Feel free to include pictures, diagrams or graphics to help demonstrate your point and make it interesting – use your imagination! (any uploaded document is accepted)
- Written or visual: max 500 words, fits on one (1) A3 sheet or two (2) A4 pages (or less)
- Video response: no more than 2 minutes long. If you are submitting a video, you will need to upload a file (i.e. word of pdf) that has a short introduction and then include the hyperlink to the video submission (e.g. dropbox/g-drive).
All submissions will be reviewed by industry members and assessed by the Locate24 Program Committee using the following criteria:
- Originality and insight
*Entries may be published or displayed as part of the conference.